[PD] plugin~ external

patko colet.patrice at free.fr
Sat Jun 12 20:45:46 CEST 2010

----- "Mathieu Bouchard" <matju at artengine.ca> a écrit :

> >> What is a professional context, if not about money ?
> > Professionals uses to pay taxes.
>
> Can you rewrite that so that I can be sure of what you're trying to
> say ?

I'm gonna try to explain further...

> >> who says a professional tool is supposed to have that ?
> >> what's that "quality" thing ?
> > Professional tools maintainers pay taxes.
>
> Are you kidding me ?

That is a lot of questions, I'm trying to give short answers, sorry.

> What if I get a big enough tax deduction, from the Buzzword
> Development
> Programme of Industry Canada, or the Ministère des cadeaux aux amis du
>
> parti libéral du Québec, or Projet immobilier de la Cité des Interwebs
> de
> Montréal, and suppose that in whichever combination, the above make me
> pay
> no income tax and no sales tax on added value. Can I still be a
> professional ?

 It is not really the question, your government seems to care that
artists shouldn't pay taxes, because they might be aware that an art piece has no price,
at the moment if one can speculate over some artistic work it's not art anymore,
it's business. If one makes a lot of money, that's good, it might even be a good artist,
but in fact it's the not the price of an artistic work that make it good, it's more subtil.

> >> How would you define "dead" ?
> > "Industrial" is the word that comes to my mind, deadly industrial
> art,
>
> What about industrial music now ?

 Well, I hope you've understood that I'm not talking about the industrial music style
like Einstürzende Neubauten, or Psychic TV, but industrialized music, that follows
rules only driven by profit.

> Deadly industrial art ? does art kill ?

 Not really, but I imagine that if media only releases art defined by political, or monetarist rules,
it's not art anymore, art IS killed.

> « I tried a live album of Skinny Puppy. It nearly killed me... »

Excellent, I love it.

Sugu ni sanshō shite kudasai
--
Patrice Colet