[PD] plugin~ external

Kim Cascone kim at anechoicmedia.com
Sat Jun 12 23:07:51 CEST 2010

>  It's already called [gf.print] (to be renamed to [gf/print] later...)
>  but [print] is an alias because the intent is to use it instead of
>  the regular [print].

well, this is true

but equally true is the fact that when I type [print] into an object box
I instantiate the [gf.print] object INSTEAD OF the plain-vanilla pd
[print] object

the plain-vanilla/standard issue [print] function is called with [pd/print]

this is unnecessarily confusing to the user

as I stated earlier:

>  I am now clear on which [print] object belongs to GridFlow
>
>  I tried to get the .help file for the [print] and got the following:
>
>  tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/gf.print.pd and failed sorry, couldn't find
>  help patch for "gf.print.pd"
>

>  so it seems that [print] is actually 'gf.print.pd'
>
>  while [pd/print] is actually print.pd

I am putting forth a suggestion:
that all non-native objects either have a [prefix _objectname]
or a unique name [crazy_name_here] so that an object is differentiated
from the standard set of objects