[PD] play mp3 file and create graphical front end interface

Pedro Lopes pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
Sun Jun 13 04:02:44 CEST 2010

You can make a script that starts both (a shell script in linux/OSx or a
batch in Win).
In linux it could be something like:

----
jackd --realtime -d alsa -d hw -r 44100 -p 1024 -s & pd -nogui -jack -
patch.pd & java -jar processingexe.jar
----
(to make it executable in *unix, then run >chmod +x scriptname )

That would start the audio server, plus pd without gui and the processing
executable. It depends if you need anything more, or configure other
flags... but I think you get the general idea. I have a simiar script that
launches a game and pd without gui to make the sound engine of that game.

best regards,
Pedro

Pedro Lopes
contacto: jazz at radiozero.pt