[PD] random, but always start with X

Andrew Faraday jbturgid at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 14 00:49:19 CEST 2010

Am I missing something here... If you use a random box to represent your sound files, and seed the random, doesn't that mean the next result will be the seed (if it is within the range). Only trouble is this would probably wind up with the same path each time.
To make that different each time, I'd start a counter, [f]x[+ 1] with a [sel 1] below it, put a message [0 ( into the float to reset. The left outlet of [sel] to your first file, the right to a random box etc.