[PD] tabread~ demo in WebPd

chrism chris at mccormick.cx
Mon Jun 14 09:54:03 CEST 2010

On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 08:51:15 -0400, Ichabod <ichabod at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 12:18 PM, chrism <chris at mccormick.cx> wrote:
>
>> Here's a new small demo of [tabread~] and some other dsp objects working
>> in the browser:
>> <http://mccormick.cx/dev/webpd/demos/xmen-sample-looper/index.html>
>>
>> Here's a video (seems to play ok in Firefox):
>> <http://mccormick.cx/webpd-tabread~.ogv<http://mccormick.cx/webpd-tabread%7E.ogv>
>> >

> I'm really excited about the future of this project.

Don't get too excited as I am sort of running out of steam now. I am
overwhelmed by contract work and other projects right now. Recently I
got the [pack] [unpack] [*] and [+] objects working and it made me
realise what a huge task this is to do on my own, especially when I
began to consider integrating the schedule-aware objects like [vline~]
[delay] etc. Oh well, just another project started and [possibly] never
finished. :)

It really makes me realise the enormous amount of effort and hours that
Miller must have put into Pd over the years. I guess it goes without
saying that anyone who uses Pd should be thankful for the amount of work
he has released completely free of charge and with no obligations
outside the BSD license, especially those benefiting commercially from
what he's done.

If anyone is interested in picking up and continuing my work on WebPd,
you can have at the source code and the test patches/examples here:

<http://mccormick.cx/dev/webpd/>
<http://mccormick.cx/dev/webpd/tests>

Go nuts.

I will continue to maintain and merge any useful patches back into my
codebase.

> Also, this is probably elementary, but is it possible to highlight an array
> like this in regular Pd?

You could do something similar, but maybe not exactly the same, by
overlaying a "datastructure" on top of an array. Check out the Pd
documentation for more information.

Cheers,

Chris.