[PD] plugin~ external

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Jun 14 14:47:35 CEST 2010

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010, Kim Cascone wrote:
> Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> I would have done it like this if [print] was able to handle extra atom
>> types.
> ok but the problem still exists with passing parentheses which is blocking
> some data from be sent to the console...or has this been fixed? just curious

I will reply in public because I don't see any reason why you replied in
private nor any reason why I couldn't reply back to the list.

I haven't "fixed" the parentheses yet. This will really involve making a
second kind of GridFlow class, which will not go through the parens-filter
at all. (I don't see what else I could do).

> ok so you're swapping print objects under-the-hood in order to have more
> atom types available with the GridFlow [print] when using other objects
> from the GridFlow library?

yes.

> is there a way the object instantiated could have [gf.print] on it
> instead of just [print]?

no, because the point is to prevent Pd's [print] from running when I type
[print], because it would print disquieting error messages looking like a
bug. I think that it's better than pretending to use DS pointers like GEM
does and GF used to do, for lack of an extensible typesystem.