[PD] Where is the object reference documentation?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Jun 14 19:56:16 CEST 2010

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> So where is that thing that is better than pdpedia that you guys all worked
> on instead?

what thing ?

we didn't "all work on" anything.

the group in France decided to go do something else that is not a
replacement for pdpedia.

the authors of the emails I quoted are not part of that group. the event
was a pd user group meeting next to Paris. it was announced on the
mailing-list of the pd user group of Montréal. we reacted. they
understood.

do you expect pdpedia to be replaced by "something better than
pdpedia" ?... why not a hole ? overall, a big hole is better than pdpedia.
I'm not speaking against any good content you may find on pdpedia if you
spend one day clicking on everything you can find. If there's any good
content you can find that way, you can rescue it away from pdpedia and get
it to be given refugee status in any other documentation project and still
shutdown pdpedia.

It doesn't have to be a total shutdown : you could just delete the
database and start over with a different mission. Something that wouldn't
make me feel like I absolutely have to tell all the newbies to avoid
pdpedia (« it's a TRAP ! »).