[PD] list etiquette WAS: plugin~ external

Kim Cascone kim at anechoicmedia.com
Mon Jun 14 20:32:16 CEST 2010

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> That 'pro' thread should have retitled been retitled for sure.
> Occasionally there are little outbreaks like that, but mostly I think
> its quite civil around here.  I think we could be more newbie
> friendly.  I've heard that this list intimidates most newbies, which
> is not a good thing, IMHO.
right -- I understand there is some emotional baggage with old-timers in
a community
I have run the .microsound list for ten years now and know the drill! ;)

also, let me say that although I might be a n00b to Pd
I do come from the Max/MSP community (much less anarchic) and have 10+
years working with Max/MSP
here's some info on me for anyone that's interested:
http://cycling74.com/2005/09/13/an-interview-with-kim-cascone/
http://createdigitalmusic.com/2009/08/04/linux-music-workflow-switching-from-mac-os-x-to-ubuntu-with-kim-cascone/