[PD] list etiquette WAS: plugin~ external

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 20:50:56 CEST 2010

On Jun 14, 2010, at 8:18 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> That 'pro' thread should have retitled been retitled for sure.  Occasionally there are little outbreaks like that, but mostly I think its quite civil around here.  I think we could be more newbie friendly.  I've heard that this list intimidates most newbies, which is not a good thing, IMHO.
>
> .hc

Yeah, OT threads should be retitled immediately so as not to lose the initial discussion. It's annoying to skim the list digests when the subject lines don't match the content.

> On Jun 14, 2010, at 1:35 PM, Kim Cascone wrote:
>>
>> the reason I'm devoting a lot of my energy to figuring out the [plugin~] external is because I'm editing the LADSPA chapter in the FOSS Pd manual online -->
>>
>> http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/PureData/UsingLADSPAplugins
>>
>> and I want to make sure the text is a) true and b) easily understood by a n00b

This is where I think things should always go ... to the wiki or the Floss manual! If a solution is found, pleasepleaseplease post it to a standard place and then *everyone* can benefit and we don't get the same questions every 6 months. Not everyone knows to search the mailing list. This is why I suggested a few weeks ago that we should look into building out "knowledge" base in a more centralized way because there are too many disparate elements ... I think newbies don't know where to look.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com
robotcowboy.com