[PD] strange error in console

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Jun 14 22:07:50 CEST 2010

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Really, the whole class_sethelpsymbol() function should be removed since
> Pd will automatically assume the classname is the base of the helpfile
> name.

d'oh, right.

> That function is only used for times when the help patch has a different
> name than the object, which is bad practice IMHO.

Well, I use it in order to say that the help-file of [gf/string_<] is
really named "gf/string_0x3c" as one of the steps to bypass the big fuck
of hexloader, its inability to handle all cases because pd won't let it
do, the inability of win32 to handle "<" in filenames, and the inability
of svn-win32 to continue a checkout after finding a "<" in a filename.

I don't remember : is hexloader supposed to handle the case of
sethelpsymbol at all ?