[PD] list etiquette

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 02:39:23 CEST 2010

2010/6/15 Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com>

> On Jun 14, 2010, at 10:03 PM, András Murányi wrote:
>
> Guys, you are amazing, you are hijacking the thread AGAIN!
>
> The practical effect why it sucks for me is that i archive informative
> threads in gmail and this way i have to archive a messed up thread to have
> the tiny bit of information (on how [plugin~] works) somewhere among the
> 1337 mails.
>

> Actually, I renamed the subject line in my first reply, then removed the
> plugin~ reference later on ... is this hijacking? We already mentioned the
> fact that the subject line should have been changed earlier on.
>
>  --------
> Dan Wilcox
> danomatika.com
> robotcowboy.com

This is what i meant by hijacking again (the subject "list etiquette WAS:
plugin~ external")

and given that most, if not all, Linux audio apps can host a LADSPA/DSSI/LV2
> plugin circa 2010 I see no reason why Pd shouldn't also be able to host one
> without 1337 secret handshakes, compiling src, chasing down deps, and other
> distractions to someone wanting to simply and easily host a plugin to do
> some audio processing
>
> mind you these 'l337 handshake' solutions are sometimes necessary when
> solving a Linux audio problem but should not be a 0th order approach to
> trying to use Pd in a production environment

but never mind, i'm really not into busting other people, i just found it
funny that it was happening again...
peace, love & happiness!

Andras