[PD] readanysf~ error

august august at alien.mur.at
Tue Jun 15 17:31:16 CEST 2010

Derek,

	Are you using MacOS X?   What version of readanysf~?  What version
	of gavl and gmerlin_avdec are packaged with it/used with it?

	I don't suspect it is the soundfile itself, but just in case, can you
	put an example online for me.   This is going to be a tough bug to
	find, unless you see some sort of regularity in how the sound turns
	to noise for you and can report that to me?

	can you make a simple patch that isolates the bug?

	Also, when the sound goes to noise, is it just that one particular
	soundfile that is used in readanysf or is it PD's entire output.  In
	other words, when you hear noise, can you also hear the other
	readanysf's playing....or can you also make a simple osc~ and hear it
	play correctly?

	The "Current file is either invalid or an unsupported codec." warning
	can also come if you send "play" to the readanysf object without it
	having a file loaded.   I assume this is what is happening.

	-a.