[PD] Pd 0.41.4-extended snow leopard super-slow startup

Dafydd Hughes dafydd61 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 18:18:07 CEST 2010

Hey folks

A classmate of mine has installed Pd 0.41.4-extended on her MacBook Pro
(not the super-new one, but previous gen). Initially we thought it just
wasn't loading, but she let it sit and it does load, but takes an
incredibly long time (possibly 5 minutes?) to start. She hasn't tested
audio or anything yet.

We're going to try and figure out what's up tomorrow - I thought I'd ask
if anybody might know where to look or what to look for. I plan to test
audio then try and run from the terminal and see if that makes a
difference (any reason it would?)

Sorry to be so light on details. I'll hopefully know more tomorrow -
just want to arm myself ahead of time.

cheers & thanks for any help
dafydd