[PD] comment

Kim Cascone kim at anechoicmedia.com
Wed Jun 16 00:23:47 CEST 2010

Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
> Kim Cascone escribió:
>> is there a way to cut and paste text from the console or some other
>> external text source into a comment object?
>>
>> I'm RTFM and can't seem to find anywhere if this is possible
>>

> What version of Pd are you using? Copy-pasting into comments, message
> boxes and object boxes didn't work until some recent version (at least
> in Windows), but it now does (at least in Windows). I think it was
> 0.42.something when it was finally introduced.
ah maybe that's the problem I'm using:
Pd version 0.41-4extended

> Or am I misunderstanding what you mean? I mean selecting a text
> anywhere inside or outside Pd, hitting ctrl+C, and pasting into a
> comment, message box or object with ctrl+V.
that's correct - that is what I'm trying to do
while I CAN copy and paste between comments
I cannot paste from the console or a text file
nor can I copy from a comment and paste it into a text file

> Oh well you have to create the comment object (or select it) and paste
> the text into it: what you cannot do is just pasting and having the
> text appear _as_ a new comment. perhaps was this what you meant?

no although that would be nice too!
thanks for your help -- I think I'll just have to update my Pd and see
if I get that function
:)