[PD] overriding objects

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jun 16 08:24:13 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 11:46:53AM -0700, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> Oh, I see, I didn't check about expr.  Well, a better example of what
> I'm talking about would be [polymap] in ekext, as well as (older
> versions of) [pddplink].  Both post a message about the particular
> object, both post only once, and both do so by using post in the setup
> routine for that object.  Neither messages are posted when you load
> the respective libraries.  So I'm confused by your example [...]

I rather think you're confused by the term "loading a library". In
pd-extended lingo, the term "loading a library" has been misused to also
mean setting a couple of "-path"s. The traditional use of the term
describes what happens when you use the "-lib" flag or [declare -lib
...]. polymap prints its message, when it's loaded like that:

    $ pd -lib polymap
    |_- polyphonic chain reaction regulator -_|
    | . . . . . .Edward Kelly 2006. . . . . . |

Ciao
--
Frank