[PD] Pd cuer

tim vets timvets at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 17:36:26 CEST 2010

2010/6/16 Pagano, Patrick <pat at digitalworlds.ufl.edu>

>  I am still interested in researching a way for pd to be used more like a
> software like Isadora that allows different patches to be cued for live and
> theatrical performance. Basically we would like to use Pure Data to cue a
> theatre show with the media cued from a mouse/keyboard/HID input that steps
> through a cue list with different pd patches appearing instantly. Something
> like playlist~ that can choose different pd patches over an hour long
> program. Has anyone successfully done this?
>
> I wonder why it would be necessary to have whole patches appearing and
disappearing on the screen for running a theatre show, but you could try:
[; pd open mypatch.pd /path/to/patch/ (
(see pd-msg/2.msg_and_pd/ )
personally I would make one patch that contains everything and
activate/deactivate processes inside that.
If you really want patches to switch visually , there's also the 'vis 1' and
'vis 0' message.
gr,
Tim