[PD] Join the Compile Farm (was Re: [PD-dev] 64-bit build for Windows?)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Jun 16 21:07:00 CEST 2010

On Jun 16, 2010, at 12:25 PM, András Murányi wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 11:31 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>
> Any intrepid Windows people out there want to try a 64-bit build of
> Pd-extended?  64-bit builds are working well on GNU/Linux, and now
> are starting to be possible on Mac OS X.  So why not Windows?  I
> don't have access to a 64-bit Windows machine, but I can help
> someone who does.
>
> .hc
>
> So, actually anyone feeling intrepid can take a look at the renewed
> wiki page and see which platforms are missing from the Compile Farm,
> and eventually join it... It's a good way to support the (infamous)
> Pd community, not just because there will be more builds for the
> masses, but also because it catalyzes ironing out bugs on the given
> platform. Nuff said!
> http://puredata.info/docs/developer/PdLab
>
> Andras

Yeah, Andras has been doing a good job of running the ubuntu amd64
build server, and Max Neupert is now running a Mac OS X 10.6/Snow
Leopard machine, so it proves that we can have a decentralized build
farm :)

Computer science is no more related to the computer than astronomy is
related to the telescope.      -Edsger Dykstra