[PD] triggering fx

tim vets timvets at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 22:27:40 CEST 2010

2010/6/16 Jon <potaxpotax at gmail.com>

> i'm planning a patch that will listen to live acoustic instruments
> (via fiddle~or sigmund~) and then trigger some effects when the
> analysis objects detect certain frequencies. the catch is that i not
> only want to trigger these fx: ideally the effect should be sustained
> until fiddle or sigmund detect some other frequency. below is a small
> piece of code that works for this (triggers at 400, stops at 500), but
> i'd love to see other approaches, especially if they are less
> cumbersome (because i don't wanna do this with a pair of frequencies,
> but a bunch of them!)
> thank you!!!

Hello,
In so far pitch tracking is easy, this should be easy.
I threw together this little patch to be used as an abstraction like so:
[inrange 36 48] to monitor pitches that are within the range 36 to 48.
When the pitch falls within the range, [inrange 36 48] reports 1, as soon as
the pitch leaves the range, it reports 0.
I may have overlooked the existence of an object that does this, but anyway,
maybe it's insightful for you to see a way to do it with basic objects.
Instantiate one for each pitch-range you want to monitor.
gr,
Tim