[PD] pd/sensors workshop reminder

servando barreiro servandisco at yahoo.es
Wed Jun 16 22:28:29 CEST 2010

Still some places available

			Friday 18th/19th June 2010				 “plug
& play sensors + puredata workshop”

				This workshop it´s an introduction to the world of the analog
sensors (light, infrared, ultrasonic, accelerometer) used to control
audio, video, midi applications and also interactive installations.

we will use the “minitronics” board  in order to comunicate with the
computer because it´s cheap, plug&play, multiplatform and it doesn´t
 require any extra knowledge to use it.

we will construct during the first day a “basic”  sensor controller with
 a pair of light sensors and a pair of potentiometers.
during the second day, I will explain the different interfacing
possibilities with many different softwares and also I will give and
explain some puredata patches ready to “work”.  (all platforms)

DAy1:
Introduction

examples of applications with sensors

crash course electricity / safety..

how to connect the sensors to the board

soldering intro / alternatives to soldering

Hands on…..
DAy 2
how to send midi to any standard midi application.

Puredata introduction

how to scale data from the sensors

how to “clean” data from the sensors.

audio basics in pd (foto-theremin, sampler-scratching.. )

video basics in pd.

personal requests,,,,
more info here: —————–>>>>>
http://minitronics.net/?page_id=98
     and here—>    http://minitronics.net/?p=60

Schedule for Workshop: June 2010
18: 14:00 – 19:00
19: 14:00 – 19:00

Workshop Location: @ NK Elsenstr. 52 2HH 2Etage 12059 Berlin

Registration: Pre-registration is required and can be done by sending
 an email to info at nkprojekt.de
Fee: 60€ (sensors + minia board included)