[PD] Data structures with $0?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Jun 17 18:56:21 CEST 2010

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010, João Pais wrote:

> Btw, this is to control arrays with bezier curves, in case someone is
> interested. Does anyone know a general formula for bezier curves of the
> xth order?

It's explained in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A9zier_curve

But by far, the most common are order 2 (Tcl/Tk, TrueType, etc) and order
3 (Illustrator, PDF, etc) and there's a reason for that. They become
increasing complicated and hard to handle as the order increases, and I
don't mean the computation time : even though computation time does
increase a lot with the order, it's not as radical as the decrease of your
ability to figure out the parameters to make the curve go where you want
it to go, because it looks less predictable.

So, usually, when they have more than four dots, people chain together
pieces made from three or four dots each.