[PD] Data structures with $0?

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 17 19:05:54 CEST 2010

>> Btw, this is to control arrays with bezier curves, in case someone is
>> interested. Does anyone know a general formula for bezier curves of the
>> xth order?
>
> It's explained in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A9zier_curve

yes, but since my math skills aren't much better than basic, all those
equations and polynomials mean nothing to me. unless I get a clear
equation (like the cubic one I used, which I found in another site), I
can't go any further.
if anyone wants to translate those funny drawings for me into something
comprehensible, I'll put it in the patch.

> increase a lot with the order, it's not as radical as the decrease of
> your
> ability to figure out the parameters to make the curve go where you want
> it to go, because it looks less predictable.

my purpose of doing this is basically to "modulate" a [line] (0-1), that
is, with one direction. I never worked with higher than cubic curves
(coreldraw etc are cubic), but since the purpose is to have a line that
follows only one direction, would it become that unpredictable?

> So, usually, when they have more than four dots, people chain together
> pieces made from three or four dots each.

I know. that's another thing I have to look at in the future, but don't
have a) the time and concentration b) the necessity for it. although it
would be better, because then the patch would be "complete".