[PD] jpgs work with [pix_image] but not [pix_multiimage]

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Jun 17 23:34:55 CEST 2010

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010, Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:

> pix_multiimage.cpp:154:	    sprintf(newName, "%s%d%s", bufName, realNum,
> postName);
> So '*' is not really a wildcard, but a placeholder for a number. Personally I
> don't like to number my images with %d, at least I'd rather use %08d or
> similar...

it's not so much a personal preference, than a fact of life, that it's
better when alphanumeric sorting and numeric sorting coïncide. Hence the
leading zeroes.

way too many things get sorted like 1, 10, 11, ..., 19, 2, 20, 21, ... or
worse (three digits...) and it's usually in situations where you can't
control the sorting and the sorting isn't very DWIM. (the ls command and
all Finders and File Managers I've seen).

It's much easier to add leading digits than to change folder sort order.