[PD] puredata.info login problem

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jun 18 10:45:28 CEST 2010

On 06/18/2010 05:11 AM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> Hi,
>      On the puredata.info homepage, when I click "login" I am taken to
> puredata.info//login_form (<-- notice the extra backslash).  What's
> odd is that if I mouse over the "login" link in Firefox the address
> is shown correctly in the status bar at the bottom of the window.

this does not matter.

> This causes firefox (in osx) to give me the "Untrusted connection" message.
> (Same on ie on winxp and epiphany in linux.)

this has nothing to do with the URL, but with the certificate used for
encryption.

as an admin, i will plainly refuse to allow the webpage to transmit
passwords in plaintext.

unless somebody (probably: you) is willing to pay for an "officially
trusted" certificate (thawte,...), we have to use a certificate signed
by cacert.

you can either: manually accept the certificate presented by
puredata.info, or install the cacert root certificate as found on
http://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3

masdt
IOhannes