[PD] Pd-extended 0.42.5 release candidate 3 released!

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri Jun 18 14:49:10 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-17 at 16:56 -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jun 2010, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> >> Why isn't hexloader enabled by default ?
> > It was causing a lot of problems.  Check the archives for details.
>
> Actually, I can't get hexloader to work. It seems to have no effect.
>
> I can't instantiate [mtx_+] without first instantiating [mtx_add], which
> is the same class.
>
> There are pd-extended users who recompile zexy and iemmatrix as big
> libraries because the system of one-class-per-file of pd-extended doesn't
> work with those names and the filesystems. It's causing a lot of problems.

Yeah, there have been some troubles. In the case of iemmatrix: most of
the aliases were missing completely, so even with hexloader loaded,
Pd-extended wouldn't find the correct files. I created a patch that adds
all missing aliases for iemmatrix and IOhannes committed it two days ago
[1]. I guess you would need to try a current autobuild to be able to
create [mtx_+] directly. The rc3 version was released before the patch
was applied.

Regarding zexy, I am not aware of any troubles in Pd-extended. Please
post bugs, if you find any. I guess we're not far away from the libdirs
behaving similar to the original multi-object library format. I
personally care most about zexy and iemmatrix, I haven't checked if
other libraries also require aliases.

[1] https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3017152&group_id=55736&atid=478072

@ Hans
You said you removed hexloader from automatically being loaded, because
there have been some troubles in the past. The reason could be found in
the list archives. I haven't thoroughly checked everything about
hexloader, but it seemed to me that most problems have been solved. If
not, can you elaborate a bit the issue?
Personally, I think it would help _a lot_ to make Pd patches portable
between flavours, if hexloader would be loaded automaticall on start-up
of Pd-extended. Please let me know, if you think it is not worth raising
this discussion again.

Roman