[PD] Data structures with $0?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Jun 20 04:11:29 CEST 2010

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010, João Pais wrote:

> thanks, I'll try to put this in when I can. meanwhile dtmod

His name is dmotd.

> wrote me saying that he's doing a real external for this, so that would
> be a better solution.

Why is an external a better solution ?

Anyway. I was inspired to make a bézier patch. It's an integer solution,
so, for 17 points I run t from 0 to 16 instead of to 1, then I divide by
pow(16,3) at the end to compensate. I could redo it in floats with almost
the same number of boxes though.

Here's the screenshot of the whole patch :

   http://gridflow.ca/gallery/bezier.png

It takes only 9 (nine) objects to compute it. For large numbers of points,
I can add a cache using two more boxes. Float requires two extra boxes
(and editing some more). Using a different order doesn't require any
repatching, just edit three or four boxes to change some numbers (I'm not
counting the fact that you have to recreate the multi-numberbox at the
right to have more rows). When I count the objects I'm not counting the
multi-numberbox nor any of the objects on the left. The wire that goes up
is carrying the polygons ready to be rendered.