[PD] Data structures with $0?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Jun 20 21:20:07 CEST 2010

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010, João Pais wrote:

> isn't a hard coded external always more efficient than an abstraction,

What's the speed that you need ?
What's the speed that you want ?

> specially if tcl/tk and gop are involved? I thought so.

After it's computed, you still has to render the result.

Chances are that you'd still render it with Tcl/Tk and GOP.

GOP itself does not introduce a noticeable slowdown in pd-vanilla nor
pd-extended nor pd-devel.

> I have my patch in the other computer, can't send it now. my patch shows
> only a gop with the line (array) and 4 control points, which can be
> moved around with the mouse.

I know, you sent it and I've seen it. I decided to concentrate on the
formula, so I did it with numberboxes instead. It's possible to use the GF
computation together with a DS rendering.