[PD] PDROOT and installing iemguts

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jun 21 09:49:22 CEST 2010

On 2010-06-21 09:42, Funs Seelen wrote:
> Well okay, I'm back where I was a couple of days ago. I downloaded the
> pd-package again and used that as PDROOT. 'make' created a couple of

whatever you refer to as "the pd-package", but yes: you have to get the
relevant headers for Pd in addition to the iemguts sources. (this is by
design).

> green-coloured "*.l_i386"-files again, but 'make install' still outputs:
> "make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop." How do I get a rule to
> make target `install'?

there is none.
you have to either manually install it (e.g. by putting all the
iemguts-externals into /path/to/my/pd/extra/iemguts and add this path to
your search-path) or not at all (e.g. by leaving all the
iemguts-externals into /home/user/src/iemguts/src and add this path to
your search-path)

both methods are pretty equivalent.

> (... and forget about what I said about the 'find'-command. I discovered I
> still don't understand how to use it correctly, but that's not a problem for
> this thread.)

right. anyhow:
$ find ~ -name "g_canvas.h"

fgmnasdr