[PD] readanysf~ error

tim vets timvets at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 20:19:37 CEST 2010

This may or may not be related or useful, but:
I got this 'too many files open' error a while ago in a patch with many
readsf~ (without 'any') objects.

I did this:

edit /etc/security/limits.conf
and add :
[username] soft nofile 4096
[username] hard nofile 4096

(see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=638597 )

or some variation of it...

It seemed to help a bit, but still it happened now and then.
The problem went away when I transfered the patch to a computer with more
ram.
But it is strange that playing a few sound files would require so much
memory.
I'm not sure if it's related at all to readsf~ or readanysf~.
I got this error when using pix_image a few times too...

gr,
Tim