[PD] readanysf~ error

Pierre Cage pierre.cage at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 20:20:04 CEST 2010

Hi August,

Well, no unexpected noise here. I've tested with many various files (pd/doc/sound/voice.wav & bell.aiff included !) and the behaviour is always the same.
At 240th opening, readanysf begins to report "invalid etc..." and then (after 2 or 3 more iterations) playback just stops.
As already mentioned, when trying to save the patch, pd reports "error: /Users/me/Documents/PD/stress.pd: Too many open files".
I've run the same test patch with readsf and errors went away.
Sorry to sound redundant but I can't see extra clues ...
Anyway, thanks for your reactivity.

Cheers,

Pierre