[PD] readanysf~ error

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Jun 22 22:30:42 CEST 2010

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010, pierre cage wrote:

> On my system (osx 10.6, Pd-Ext 0.42.5-RC2, hcs' readanysf intel binary),
> and no matter the format and the size of the files, 240 successive
> openings lead to: "Invalid file or unsupported codec. Current file is
> either invalid or an unsupported codec"

Looks like this error message is wrong and the correct message is the one
reported by Pd, isn't it ?

> Then Pd refuses to save and reports :
> "error: /Users/me/Documents/PD/stress.pd: Too many open files"
> I join a simple "stress patch" that tries to isolate the error.

I can't try the patch at this point, but can you try whether sending
"pause" before re-sending "open" makes any difference, and whether sending
"stop" before re-sending "open" makes any difference. this would be a
useful hint to know, for people who want to try solving the problem.