[PD] readanysf~ error

august august at alien.mur.at
Wed Jun 23 12:41:40 CEST 2010

It really shouldn't matter if you send "pause" or "stop" before "open".

I also tracked down the "Too many open files" error message.  It DOES
come from readanysf~, .....from the gmerlin_avdec library.  It is a
strerror message.

I'm trying to track down now if somewhere file handles are not being
closed properly.   I will probably need a few days to find out.

> > Do you get any messages in the Terminal, when you start Pd from the Terminal ?
> >
> > (the "open" command of the Terminal doesn't count, as it only asks the Finder to open a file.)
>
> Terminal showing first errors :
>
> /foo1.wav
> [demuxer] Info: Detected Microsoft WAV format
> opened /foo1.wav
> /foo2.wav
> [demuxer] Info: Detected Microsoft WAV format
> opened /foo2.wav
> /foo1.wav
> [in_file] Error: Cannot open /foo1.wav: Too many open files
> Could not open file /foo1.wav
> /foo2.wav
> [in_file] Error: Cannot open /foo2.wav: Too many open files
> Could not open file /foo2.aiff

ok, this helps.

more late -august.