[PD] inhibit gnome screensaver from pd

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Jun 24 17:15:45 CEST 2010

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> To answer my own question, it seems to be this command:
> gnome-screensaver-command --deactivate

Ah, I would have more readily found :

   killall gnome-screensaver
   rm -f /usr/bin/gnome-screensaver

Because, compared to xscreensaver, gnome-screensaver really follows the
mentality outlined in Uncyclopedia :

   « If you find a feature, it might confuse a user, so remove it. »

Because none of the options of each screensaver are available in the GNOME
dialogues, despite the fact that there's a shitload of XML interface files
coming with the plugins, and that the only goal of those files is to
actually allow to to build those dialogues automatically, and despite the
fact that it's already implemented with Gtk outside of the GNOME
distribution, possibly in a programme that gnome-screensaver is a fork of.