[PD] sethelpsymbol (was Re: [folder] external?)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Jun 25 06:59:37 CEST 2010

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> Is sethelpsymbol deprecated?  I don't see any info about it on the devlist,
> userlist, or puredata.info.

I know that Hans is gravely against it, and that kind of gravity can
bend the fabric of spacetime on puredata.info.

Actually, I have no idea about puredata.info, but I can tell you that
pd-vanilla uses it and I don't think Miller ever said he'd "deprecate" it
or delete it or anything.

Actually, I don't know how you search the text, but using the Namazu
search, "sethelpsymbol" (without the quotes) gets a handful of results ;
however, "class_sethelpsymbol" gets you many times more results.