[PD] Res: Insert an image with gop in an abstraction in a library

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Jun 25 19:50:19 CEST 2010

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010, Eduardo Patricio wrote:

> I know what you mean...  I don't know if there's another solution for
> this.  I usually copy the image to every folder that uses those
> abstractions (with |image|). It's not very smart, but...

This is what [gf/find_file] is for. It goes with my policy of allowing
abstractions to act like externals in whatever situation I encounter. I
don't apply the policy all of the time, but it has to be more often than I
see it in other people's externals.

IMHO, one of the most memorable moments of the 1st international
convention (2004), is the few minutes during which several of us said that
abstractions should be able to do the same things as externals. However,
it's hard to reach any kind of consensus, and so, in reality, this idea
took a long time to germinate and the torch is carried by rather few
people.