[PD] Res: Res: Insert an image with gop in an abstraction in a library

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Jun 25 21:17:07 CEST 2010

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010, Eduardo Patricio wrote:

> > IMHO, one of the most memorable moments of the 1st international
> > convention (2004), is the few minutes during which several of us said
> > that abstractions should be able to do the same things as externals.
> > However, it's hard to reach any kind of consensus, and so, in reality,
> > this idea took a long time to germinate and the torch is carried by
> > rather few people.

> I see... that's one of the motives why I like Grid Flow

You may also enjoy the iemguts library, as long as you ignore the signs
that say "RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL KEEP OUT" and "DANGER 735000 VOLTS" and
"BEWARE OF THE LEOPARD". It has quite a few externals for empowering
abstractions. Actually, a handful of GridFlow externals are
semi-accidental duplicates of IEMGuts externals.

You may also enjoy the fact that Gamelan Binomial's score is completely
handled through GridFlow. There's a huge score in a [#store] and I play a
small part of it.