[PD] software license for pd general patch?

Bernardo Barros bernardobarros2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 03:44:37 CEST 2010

2010/6/28 João Pais <jmmmpais at googlemail.com>:
> Hello all,

Olá João!

> The patch is/will be available free of charge, only paypal donations are
> accepted (or suggested). But I'm considering using a different license
> than the general BSD license I usually ship my abstractions with.

I think BSD says that your code can be used also in proprietary software.

> I would prefer for people not to
> edit it too much - although most of the people using it won't be able even
> to open the gop.

Why? You may want to think about this point. Think this, if somebody
else changes your code he/she is not 'stiling' your code, you will
have the credit for what you did, and even *you* could use the
modified version if you find it is better for what you may want to do
in the future. Who knows?

Check here: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html