[PD] cannot add pd-extended repository in ubuntu 10.04

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 18:03:53 CEST 2010

Hi,

I tried to follow the instructions at
http://puredata.info/docs/faq/debian to install Pd Extended in ubuntu
using the repository.

In particular:
"For pd-extended, [...] You can either add this line [...] Or you can
add it in the GUI administration program Synaptic (in the Settings  ->
Repositories menu, then the Third-Party Software tab). Choose the line
for your version of Debian or Ubuntu from the options below:
# Ubuntu/lucid 10.04 LTS
  deb http://apt.puredata.info/releases lucid main"

I guess the "third party software" tab (that is mentioned everywhere and
doesn't exist) got replaced by the "other software" tab.

I added the deb line there, but when I try to reload the package indices
I get this error:

"Failed to fetch
http://apt.puredata.info/releases/dists/lucid/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz
404 Not Found
Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones
used instead."

After this, if I search in the packages list I can only find "puredata"
(which was already included i think) and few pd libraries but no
pd-extended.

How can I fix it?

I know I can just download the package from puredata.info directly, but
there's no "lucid" package there. Will the Jaunty package available
there be the same thing I would get if I could add the repository to
synaptic??

thanks
m.