[PD] ttf-stream-vera dependency

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 21:01:24 CEST 2010

Hi,

Thank you for your replies.

My dependency problems now are not related to fonts any more.

Now the main problem is libmagick++1.

I have found and installed a libmagick++2, but Pd Extended still
complains. I guess if it wants version 1 it needs version 1.

Now I have already located where to download libmagick++1.

Is there any problem in having different versions of apparently the same
package installed? Now if this libmagick++1 also has dependencies on
older packages of which I already have newer versions, and I manage to
fulfill all this dependencies, won't I end up with a messed-up system?

thanks
m.

P.S. this sounds similar to the old "dll hell" of Windows, which they
"solved" with the glorious [sarchasm intended] winsxs folder which grows
and grows to as much as 15GB of mostly duplicate dll's.....