[PD] Problem with Textfile and line with float

Pedro Lopes pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
Wed Jun 30 01:00:04 CEST 2010

I'm looking at the C code, it should be something with outputing the
"float", because when it receives the message "print", the textfile element
shows its debugging data and the whole message is there "float bla bla".
Well honestly, the only thing the debug method does is print the buffer, so
it is obvious "it's there".

a more in-depth look, showed this...

//code from > externals/vanilla > from the band method of the external
 {
        x->x_onset = onset2;
        if (ap->a_type == A_SYMBOL)
            outlet_anything(x->x_ob.ob_outlet, ap->a_w.w_symbol,
                onset2-onset-1, ap+1);
        else outlet_list(x->x_ob.ob_outlet, 0, onset2-onset, ap);
    }
    else
    {
        x->x_onset = 0x7fffffff;
        outlet_bang(x->x_bangout);
    }
//end of code

This seems that it only adds "stuff" to the list, when a A_SYMBOL is found?
Or am I not getting this straight? If its true, then the issue could be
this... because according to [1] A_SYMBOL is not A_FLOAT (this sounds
philosophical..=P).

Best regards,
Pedro

[1] http://iem.kug.ac.at/pd/externals-HOWTO/node7.html