[PD] having both vanilla and extended installed in linux (ubuntu)

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Wed Jun 30 13:03:56 CEST 2010

Hi Matteo,
here on Jaunty with 0.42.5 autobuild the command pdextended works fine. Have
you tried to install a latest autobuild as mentioned before?
I don't think you need to compile all what you are compiling.

http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/latest/

> On 06/30/2010 10:42 AM, Husk 00 wrote:
> >
> >         On Ubuntu/Lucid, you should be able to install both the
> 'puredata'
> >         package and the 0.42.5-rc3 package.
> > Hi Matteo,
> > now the launcher script for pd-extended is pdextended in /usr/bin.
> > Pd-vanila still uses pd command to be launched if i'm not wrong.
>
> I installed the jaunty binary package for pd extended, it runs with "pd"
> and there is no "pdextended" command.
>
> I guess that improvement is more recent.
>
> In order to install the latest version I guess I'll have to download the
> source and compile it, no?

> End of Pd-list Digest, Vol 63, Issue 215

Marco Donnarumma aka TheSAD
Independent New Media Arts Professional, Performer, Teacher - Edinburgh, UK

PORTFOLIO: http://marcodonnarumma.com
LAB: http://www.thesaddj.com | http://cntrl.sourceforge.net |
http://www.flxer.net
EVENT: http://www.liveperformersmeeting.net