[PD] send midi to another program in windows? (not with [midifile])

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 30 13:11:58 CEST 2010

> > my attempts to work with [midifile] didn't work, as something in the
> files
> > is saved wrong, and all my midi-related programs (sibelius, reason,
> > logic,...) display a much slower file than the one I saved. Also,
> midifile
> > only takes integers as midipitches, which is rather limiting.
>
> that's a limitation of MIDI.
> if you want to fly, you probably should grow wings.

some notation programs can play midi quarter tones, but turns out it's with
pitch bend. I though they allowed for fractional values, they're not as
advanced as Pd

> > I wanted to send midi directly from Pd to any of the other said programs.
> > Can anyone recommend a jack-kind of software for midi?
>
> well, jack can route MIDI as well...(and ALSA does MIDI-routing as well)

the problem is that I don't know any midi notation program in linux that
works. the ones I tried from dave philip's page were unreliable - or
something didn't work, but for some reason windows programs work more often
with me than linux ones.

> on w32, you could try midiyoke.

thanks