[PD] send midi to another program in windows? (not with [midifile])

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Wed Jun 30 12:59:40 CEST 2010

Am 30.06.2010 um 12:45 schrieb IOhannes m zmoelnig:
> well, jack can route MIDI as well...(and ALSA does MIDI-routing as well)
>
> on w32, you could try midiyoke.

...and on OS X use the build-in IAC (inter application communication?) bus which you have to enable in the Audio-MIDI-Setup.app (the subject of this thread says windows, so this is just for the archive.)

I'm using it to connect ableton live to a small translator patch on one computer which converts the MIDI to OSC then on a second machine i receive these to do some audiovisual stuff. I can't say anything about the latency yet - if you have better ideas how to do this please speak up.
Ableton live MIDI -> IAC -> Pd patch to OSC -> ethernet -> Pd Patch on another machine.

m.