[PD] Having two or more versions of Pd (both extended or both vanilla) in Ubuntu

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 19:35:51 CEST 2010

Hi,

So it is relatively easy in Linux to have both Pd Extended and Vanilla
(actually easier than in Windows).

Now, how can I have for example two or more versions of Vanilla?
I'd like to give a try to the rewrite-gui version but also have the
"old" stable 0.42.5 for everyday use...

In Windows I used to have more than one version because I often need to
check differences in behavior, or check in which version a given bug was
fixed or introduced, or a given feature added....

(yeah all versions shared the same registry folder i.e. same settings,
and so did even extended and vanilla, but I could live with that)

How do you do that in Linux?

Thanks
m.