[PD] software license for pd general patch?

Ben Baker-Smith bbakersmith at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 19:54:04 CEST 2010

> There are enough people doing the same, that all those individual
> 1% and 2% add up to a very large proportion of what's being produced in
> the pd community.

I agree with this sentiment.

People seem most attracted to Pd for its flexibility. If everyone wanted a
nifty vocoder they would've gone out and bought Reason, or downloaded some
free plugins for Audacity. A vocoder patch may get more downloads, but this
is probably because there's more overlap in interest than with some other
niche items, not because this is the sort of patch that the majority of Pd
users try to create. It is the niche items that drive the community, not
standard audio tools.

Also, you can never know what use someone else may find for your patch. I
have taken elements from synth patches and used them as controllers for
visual patches. I don't care about classical composing, and haven't heard of
any of the composers you listed, but I am certainly interested in checking
out your patch for its potential as a complex rythmic triggering mechanism.