[PD] inhibit gnome screensaver from pd

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Jul 1 08:53:34 CEST 2010

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> After all that, I ended up having to add some stuff to /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> because of fglrx/ATI issues:
> Section "ServerFlags"
>  Option "BlankTime" "0"
>  Option "StandbyTime" "0"
>  Option "SuspendTime" "0"
>  Option "OffTime" "0"
> EndSection
> It would be awesome to have a [screensaver] object that worked on all
> platforms, so you could just hook up a toggle to it and control the
> screensaver...  I whipped up some rough, simple versions:

Is that all you have to do nowadays ?

I think that back in 2003 or so, I had to hunt down four settings in four
different places, one as a "xset s off" command, one as "killall
xscreensaver" (or the equivalent in a dialogue), one as... perhaps another
"xset" command about dpmi, and then there was a BIOS setting.

I overlooked one of the four settings, and it was a big shame, as a
gallery employee had to come in several times per hour to press any key.