[PD] Playing and recording simultaneously

Henrique jhgoulart at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 19:52:37 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

I have recently downloaded PD and I am using it to estimate the acoustic
response of a room.
To do this, I am following the procedure described at
http://cnx.org/content/m15945/latest/.

However, I have a question about how Pure Data works when I simultaneously
play a waveform and record the output using a microfone (that is required
for the estimate). Is the clock frequency of the D/A converter which
produces the output syncrhonized with the clock frequency of the A/D
converter wich produces the recorded signal?

That is a very important question when trying to measure an acoustic
response, and I couldn't find the answer at puredata.info website.

Regards,

--
Henrique Goulart