[PD] low latency jack vs Alsa

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Wed Jul 7 00:31:02 CEST 2010

I created a rather complex patch which gives me some troubles when I use
Jack with low latency settings. No XRuns but DIO errors when I click or
even hover over some tables. Just for fun I tried running it with Alsa
with same buffer settings as Jack before and dont get any DIO erros at
all while editing tables.
The system is PD-Extended under Archlinux (custom compiled but I cant
remember if I had the same troubles as in the other thread. There was
something GEM/video related and IOhannes helped me at LAC 2010 but not
sure what it was) with custom low latency kernel and other software runs
just fine with Jack. I would like to keep using Jack with PD under low
latency conditions so which parameters I could tweak to get rid of DIO
errors while using the gui? I tried changing realtime settings with chrt
of the pd process, starting pd with and without -rt and -nosleep and so
on.Tested with old and new, second generation Jack.

Cheers for any hints,

Malte

--
----