[PD] get the position of the mass in the same order than the creation with MSD

Jack jack at rybn.org
Thu Jul 8 02:13:34 CEST 2010

Hello,

I have a problem with MSD (exactly [MSD2D]). When i send [bang, get
massesPos mamasse( to [MSD2D], the output order of the positions of the
masses is not the same that the one which was given during the creation.

I'm not sure to be clear, so it is better to see an example ;) (see the
attach patch) :

If i create 3 masses in this order : [mass mamasse 1 100 0 1(, [mass
mamasse 1 100 2 3( and [mass mamasse 1 100 4 5(.
Then if i send [bang, get massesPos mamasse(, i can get from the first
outlet of [MSD2D] :
[massesPosId mamasse 2 3(
[massesPosId mamasse 0 1(
[massesPosId mamasse 4 5(
Or
[massesPosId mamasse 4 5(
[massesPosId mamasse 2 3(
[massesPosId mamasse 0 1(
Or

This is not really easy for me because i need to conserve this order :/
It would be better to always get :
[massesPosId mamasse 0 1(
[massesPosId mamasse 2 3(
[massesPosId mamasse 4 5(

Is there a solution with MSD ?
With PMPD and dynamic patching, i have no problem, but it is too slow.
Number of mass > 10000.
++

Jack