[PD] popen vs shell bug

Pedro Lopes pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
Thu Jul 8 18:27:46 CEST 2010

>personally i would hate to have the 5th object for the same task that is
>still highly platform dependent.
I understand what you mean, but also understand that making such
cross-platform object would require a large amount of effort or at least a
group of people that can contribute for the different OSs out there.

The fun side of being open source is also this one. As Ive said before I can
try to help with this object from 16th up, but even so I'd never would do it
for Windows, simply because I have no interest in it :) But once again, the
beauty of open source is that if a thing is readable enough and easily
extensible, it then can be altered to fit more operating systems. (beware
that the differences between OSs will show at some point... that's something
to consider*).

* i.e.: I have no clue on how to run a process on the background of the
shell in Win. Nor how to kill a process, and so forth...

--
Pedro Lopes
contacto: jazz at radiozero.pt
website: http://web.ist.utl.pt/Pedro.Lopes