[PD] Compile sms_peak

Pedro Lopes pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
Sun Jul 11 14:43:17 CEST 2010

You cannot compile a source file that depends on other headers without
"telling the compiler" where they are:

>$gcc main.cpp
>main.cpp:12:19: error: flext.h: No such file or directory

This makes sense, because if the flext.h is not in the main.cpp directory
the compiler will not find it. The easiest way to compile externals is just
using their respective makefile, that external doesn't have a makefile? If
it does try that first...

Anyway if you want to use gcc directly from command line and include the
header directories manually, use the gcc -I path/to/directory/of/the/headers
main.cpp

(see man gcc)

-I dir
           Add the directory dir to the list of directories to be searched for
           header files.  Directories named by -I are searched before the
           standard system include directories.  If the directory dir is a

           standard system include directory, the option is ignored to ensure
           that the default search order for system directories and the spe‐
           cial treatment of system headers are not defeated .

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 12:42 PM, linediconsine at gmail.com <
linediconsine at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am on Linux, ubuntu lucyd.
>
> Thanks.
>

> 2010/7/11 linediconsine at gmail.com <linediconsine at gmail.com>
>
> Hi I try to compile sms_peak (a module made with flext)
>>
>> There is a guide to step by step compile a flext module?
>>
>> By the way I am here in compiling:
>>
>> $ls
>> Info.plist  license.txt  main.cpp  package.txt  pd  sms_peaks~.xcodeproj
>>
>> $gcc main.cpp
>> main.cpp:12:19: error: flext.h: No such file or directory
>>
>> $find / -name flext.h
>> /usr/include/flext/flext.h
>> /home/marco/pd-flext/flext/
>> buildsys/externals/grill/flext/source/flext.h
>> /home/marco/pd-flext/flext/externals/grill/flext/source/flext.h
>> /home/marco/pd-flext/flext/source/flext.h
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> --
>> Marco A.
>>

> --